Thursday, September 4, 2008

Halloween on the mind...


Well, the halloween candy is on the shelves at the grocery store and Michaels has there Lemax Halloween village up so I guess I should start on my Halloween projects.


I am in a swap on SCS where the theme is Halloween. I bought a cute new Inkadinkadoo stamp just for this swap and then I lost my mind and forgot to use it! I ended up using my oh-so-cute new cuttlebug folder called Boo-to-You.

The first of my two projects to share is a treat topper for a candy bag. I went down to my LSS and found the halloween paper to be VERY limited. (There is a great scrap store about an hour from me that has awesome halloween paper but that's for another project!) I found some paper that was black & white and simply said BOO all over it. My plan for these two swap items were to use the DP as a background and so this worked out all right. (Can you tell I'm trying to justify this lame-o DP?) =) Anyways, I printed off the work BOO on my computer using a font from scrapnfonts.com and punched them out with my 1/2" circle punch. I then mounted them on a 3/4" circle of Tangerine Tango CS. It's hard to see but I gave these letters a little extra pop with some Crystal Effects.

Also hard to see is the paper behind the candies, but this black CS has been run through my cuttlebug with the Boo to You embossing folder. A little easier to see is the individually punched out circles from the same embossing folder on the front. These were run through on Basic Black CS and then I gently brushed my Whisper White craft ink pad over the raised areas. They were then punched out with a 1 1/4" circle and mounted on a 1 3/8" tangerine tango circle, which was mounted on a black CS scalloped circle.

Hope you enjoyed this goulish treat and check back for part 2 soon.

Stamps: Holy crow none! Ink: Whisper White Craft Ink Paper: Basic Black CS, Tangerine Tango CS, Boo DP Tools: Cuttlebug, Boo to You embossing folder, 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" circle punch, scallop punch, stapler, crystal effects

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hands down, one of my favorite folders.

If you haven't sen them yet, check out the Hallowhimsy line from Imaginisce. They match the CB folders perfectly. ( ditto with their Snowy Jo line and the xmas cb folders )

Pandessa said...

How do you make the letters? Punch out computer generated letters and then top with Crystal Effects? Doesn't it run?

I would love to make these but need to know how, they are awesome!