Friday, August 22, 2008

Take Three


I am finally posting my card I swapped for convention... I am a little behind. =)


This card is based on Mary's card from her Stampin' Pretty blog. (She is soooo talented!)


I used one of my favourite colour combos - Real Red, Taken with Teal & Chocolate Chip (with a little Whisper White). For the friendship square I used the Take Three set to form a square. TIP: A stamp-a-ma-jig is ESSENTIAL for this to make sure you get an even square. I used my Stampin' Write markers to individually colour the flowers and the words separate colours. The middle of the square is filled with a 1 3/8" square of chocolate chip cardstock made with my handy Stampin' Up punch and the flower is punched from Taken With Teal cardstock using the 5 petal flower punch. (I only recently got this punch and now I don't know how I ever got along without it!)

The background is stamped using the Pretty Petals background stamp, (found on the Dormant List during this catalogue,) and a Versamark ink pad. The piece de la resistance is some Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon. Hope you like!

Stampin' Up Supplies:
Stamps: Take Three, Pretty Petals background stamp
Ink: Chocolate Chip and Real Red Stampin' Write Markers, Versamark
Paper: Chocolate Chip Cardstock, Taken with Teal cardstock, Whisper White cardstock
Tools: 1 3/8" square punch, 5 Petal Flower punch, 1/16" hand held punch
Accesories: Pewter brad, Whisper White taffeta ribbon, dimensionals

1 comment:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Ouuu! What a sweet layout; SO original! Gorgeous swap, :o) mel