Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My First Attempt at Watercolouring with Markers


I have to tell you, one of my FAVOURITE products from Stampin' Up! is the Stampin' Write marker. There is just so much you can do with it! So when I saw watercolouring with markers and an aqua painter I was very tempted, however I was a little afraid. I'm no painter by any means. But eventually (last weekend) I decided to suck it up and give it a go and here's what I came up with.


It's not my favourite card I've made, but I must say it turned out better than the disaster I had envision priot to starting! So, for anyone not sure how to watercolour with markers here you go...

Start with an open image and stamp it on Watercolour paper with Basic Black Classic Ink Pad, (this black is waterproof - very important!) Next, colour around the edges of the image that would naturally have a shadow - or, as I did, guess! After you have coloured your edges with your marker, take an Aqua Painter filled with water and start to pull the colour from the edges to colour in the rest of the image. Voila! Art! If you make an oops you can take your aqua painter, (make sure there is no colour left on it by running it over some paper towel,) and brush at it gently to remove the colour.

For the rest of my card I went a little crazy with the layering as you can see. A little busy for my liking but I'll live! Also, you will see another great thing about Stampin' Write markers - the ability to colour in your stamps so you have multiple colours on them. Simply colour with your markers directly onto your stamps, huff on it (ie. breath heavily on it to re-moisten the ink) and stamp. Hope you enjoyed!

Stamps: Embrace Life, All Hollidays Paper: Old Olive CS, Ruby Red CS, Bali Breeze DP (discontinued), watercolour paper Ink: Basic Black Classic Stampin Pad, Old Olive & Ruby Red Stampin' Write Markers Tools: Scalloped Edge punch, Craft & Rubber Scissors (only THE BEST scissors I have ever used), dimensionals Accessories: Double sided ribbon from the disc. Theatre Ribbon pack (similar to the new Kiwi Kiss/Very Vanilla Double sided satin ribbon), Yellow Dew Drops (non SU!)

No comments: