Friday, July 11, 2008

Hmmm, perhaps I need some photography lessons...


Definitely not the best picture I've ever taken.... I find it much easier to take pictures of family then of cards. These 2-5-7-10 boxes were made for an upcoming seasonal swap I'm in. All I could think as I was making these was Christmas in July. But as a hardcore Christmas fan I don't mind, it takes my mind of the heat. =)
You can find the tutorial for these cute little favour boxes over in the SCS Tutorials. I made mine with some leftover Christmas paper from Basic Grey, the discontinued but oh-so-cute SU! Hung Up on the Holidays set, and a fun and easy to make poinsettia. TIP: This fun little poinsettia is made by punching out two of SU!'s 5 petal flowers & 1 boho blossom and attaching them with a rhinestone brad from the Pretties kit. I added a little dimension by running the burgundy flowers through the cuttlebug.
Hope you like it!
Supplies
Paper: Basic Grey, SU! Always Artichoke CS, Bravo Burgundy CS
Ink: Bravo Burgundy, Encire Silver
Tools: 5 petal flower punch, Boho Blossoms punch, 1/16" punch, cuttlebug, cuttlebug swirls folder
Finishing touches: Rhinestone brad from SU! Pretties Kit, Always Artichoke grosgrain ribbon

1 comment:

Jennifer Meyer said...

Cute boxes, LOVE the fun design and that Figgy paper by Basic Grey!

Thanks for sharing,
Jennifer :)