Friday, October 3, 2008

Another Christmas Card

I don't know why but I have skipped past Halloween already and moved into Christmas mode. It could, perhaps, have to do with the fact that Christmas is my FAVOURITE time of the year!
For this card I wanted to use Pacific Point and Baja Breeze, but as I started pulling my supplies together I felt that Bashful Blue would pair much better with Pacific Point for a frosty, christmasy kind of feel.
For this card I punched out three circles with my 1 3/8" punch in Pacific Point cardstock. Next I laid this piece down (as a guide) on Whisper White cardstock - that is slightly bigger and has been fancied up with the scallop edge punch -and stamped three snowflakes from the Seasonal Icons set. At this point I put a clear rhinestone brad in the centre of the middle snowflake for some Christmas bling. I used dimensionals to mat the Pacific Point cardstock on the Whisper White cardstock and then I mounted this whole piece on a Bashful Blue card. The finishing touch was a sentiment from the Heard from the Heart set.
Are you feeling seasonal yet? =)
Stamps: Seasonal Icons, Heard from the Heart
Ink: Pacific Point, Bashful Blue
Paper: Pacific Point CS, Bashful Blue CS, Whisper White CS
Tools: Scallop edge punch, 1 3/8" punch
Accessories: Clear rhinestone brad (from Pretties Kit), Whisper White Taffeta ribbon

1 comment:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Hi Chrystal!

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. This is such a cute card. Blue is my favourite colour & I love how you repeated the three snowflakes. Amazing how quickly the holidays sneak up on us, hey? Give me a shout if you ever wanna get together & stamp.

:O)
Mel